The Instituto de Literatura y Ciencias del Lenguaje (ILCL) at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor (Profesor Asociado) for the Department of Translation and Interpretation.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a PhD in Translation Studies or Applied Linguistics;
- Show a record of research activities either in the field of Translation Studies or its inter-disciplines, through participation in scientific conferences and publications in peer-reviewed, indexed academic journals;
- Be able to teach translation or interpretation in the English-Spanish language combination
- Exclusive dedication to academic activities
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- Specialization in Translation Technologies, Localization or Audiovisual Translation;
- Experience in teaching translation or interpretation;
- Experience in research projects in the field of Translation Studies or Applied Linguistics;
The Assistant Professor will be required to:
- Teach courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as to supervise graduate and undergraduate theses;
- Develop a consistent line of research within his/her field of specialization; secure research funding through internal and external research grants (VRIEA-PUCV and FONDECYT, among other sources); participate in national and international scientific meetings relevant to his/her line of research; and publish research results in peer-reviewed, indexed academic journals;
- Support service tasks within the Department of Translation and Interpretation and the ILCL.
The successful candidate will be hired as full-time Assistant Professor (a tenure-track position) starting on December 2015.
Date of publication of the announcement: July 15th, 2015.
Deadline for submitting applications: October 15th, 2015
Documents needed to apply:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of PhD degree (legalized) and of any other degrees or certifications
- Letter of interest /Cover letter
- Supporting documentation, including copies of publications, certificates of attendance to academic conferences, certificates of participation in research projects, certificates of teaching experience, other supporting documents;
- Two reference letters by academics of recognized experience in the field of Translation Studies or Applied Linguistics
Applications will be reviewed by a search committee and selected candidates will be invited to an interview. The successful candidate will be notified of the results 30 days after the closing date.
Applications should be sent in a sealed envelope, indicating the title of the Announcement, to:
Dirección de Personal y Perfeccionamiento Académico
Vicerrectoría de Desarrollo
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso
C/12 de febrero n° 21, Valparaíso, Chile
Ref. Concurso Académico Profesor Asociado de Traducción-ILCL
Enquiries can be directed to:
Coordinator of the Department of Translation and Interpretation, ILCL
Telephone: +56 32 227 44 22